While it may seem easier to plead to a misdemeanor violation, remember, the offense will stay on your record.
Common Municipal Court Crimes
Here are some of the common offenses people in Fort Collins get ticketed for. Click on each offense to learn more about the city code and its corresponding violation.
- Sec. 17-21 Assault
- Sec. 17-36 Theft
- Sec. 17-39 Criminal Mischief
- Sec. 17-40 Trespass | Trespassing
- Sec. 17-41 Littering
- Sec. 17-45 Damage to Public Property
- Sec. 17-63 Interference with Public Officer | Police Officer
- Sec. 17-64 Resisting Arrest
- Sec. 17-101 Discharging of Weapons
- Sec. 17-121 Disturbing the Peace
- Sec. 17-124 Disorderly Conduct
- Sec. 17-126 Harassment
- Sec. 17-141 Carrying or Drinking Liquor in Certain Places
- Sec. 17-142 Public Indecency
- Sec. 17-191 Consumption and Possession of Marijuana
Why You Need a Lawyer for Your Municipal Charges
Many times, the Fort Collins City Attorney will offer a deal where you plead guilty to your ticketed offense and pay a fine. While it may seem easier to plead to a misdemeanor violation, remember, the offense will stay on your record. It’s important to hire a knowledgeable lawyer who can fight to get your charges dismissed or an acquittal at trial. You can be set free from these charges.